Saint Joseph Cathedral Pastoral Council
The Pastoral Council advises the Rector on the operations of the cathedral.
St. Joseph Cathedral Pastoral Council
To act as an advisory body to the Rector and to provide counsel and support in the management of the affairs of the Cathedral.
Purpose and Function
- To discern and to articulate the Cathedral’s parish mission;
- To report to the parishioners information from the Rector, the Pastoral Council and other community organizations;
- To promote collaboration, cooperation, trust and understanding among the Cathedral community;
- To participate in pastoral planning with the Rector;
- To plan and implement on-going programs in order to address the needs and concerns of the Cathedral community;
- To encourage its members to be involved in parish activities and civic life;
- To foster the development of leadership; and
- To further Christianity by encouraging parishioners to fulfill their vocation of service to others through fellowship and education.
Pastoral Council Meetings
The Pastoral Council meets in the Undercroft of the Cathedral at 7:00 PM on the last Tuesday of each month, year-round. All are welcome to attend the meetings. If you are interested in attending as an observer or, as a parishioner, you would like to address the Council, please notify the Cathedral Parish Administrative Assistant, Carol Stollenwerk, in advance at (614) 224-1295 or email@example.com.
Maybe you mean: 'sjc_home' or 'newsletter-hero11' or 'cathedral-art-gallery' or 'cathedral-organizations' or 'pray-rosary' or 'about-st-joseph'
Pastoral Council Meeting Minutes
Pastoral Council Meeting Minutes are located in our Archives and are accessible to all parish members. Take a minute to browse through the issues we are working on for our parish. If you would like to help, please contact Michael Elton (firstname.lastname@example.org) - we value your unique skills, insights and experiences to make our parish a stronger community.
Current Meeting Notes:
Pastoral Council Members
The Pastoral Council is comprised of the Cathedral Rector, the Parish Deacons, representatives of each active organization and committee of the parish, Members-at-large and Rector-appointed members.
Pastoral Council New Member Application
New applications are being accepted via nomination from the Parish community. Please complete the application below if you are interested in joining the St. Joseph Cathedral Pastoral Council. Completed applications should be sent to the attention of Michael Elton at email@example.com.