How To Schedule Mass Intentions at our two Parishes
Simply call either Parish Office during regular Business Hours
Cathedral: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Holy Cross: Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Suggested stipend: $10.00 per Mass
(Canon Law 948 stipulates only one intention per Mass).
When scheduling Mass intentions, please keep in mind:
- You can remember someone who has died, you can even remember your deceased family and friends. But the intentions do not have to be solely for those who have died as they make beautiful gifts for any special occasion, such as wedding anniversaries, in thanksgiving for prayers answered, a special intention, et cetera.
- Mass intentions may be requested for Sundays, Holy Days, and most holidays and weekdays throughout the year.
- Mass intentions cannot be scheduled for the three days of the Sacred Triduum: Holy Thursday, Good Friday Passion (which is not a Mass), or Holy Saturday.
- Only one Mass intention may be scheduled per Mass.
- One Mass every Sunday and holiday must be scheduled for the intentions of our parishioners known as “Pro Populo” (For the People) as required by Canon Law and diocesan statute.
- Mass requests will be granted as close to the requested date and time as possible. If it is not possible to comply with the primary request, the next closest date and time will be scheduled.
- Lengthy listings cannot be published in the Bulletin and must be edited for the sake of brevity. Since the purpose of publishing the intention in the Bulletin is to notify the family and friends of the intention, we suggest the omission of middle initials, lengthy titles, etc. Please indicate if the person for whom the Mass is requested is living or deceased.
- In fairness to all people, the Mass intention cannot be confirmed until the $10 suggested stipend is received in the Parish Office.