Marian Concert Dedicated to Our Lady of Peace: Location: St. Leo Church, 221 Hanford Columbus, 43206 Sunday, October 26, 2014 at 6:30 pm. Please join together for the 3rd Biennial Marian Concert for an evening of song, short meditations and prayer dedicated to Our Lady of Peace. Let us join together to honor her holy motherhood and beg her intercession on behalf of a world in great need. Several of the groups performing are: St Mary’s three choirs (Handbell, Contemporary, and Traditional), Holy Family Choir and their Schola Cantorum choir, The Catholic Polish Community, and Sheila Lutz and Cecile Smith , soloists. Between choirs we will be graced with Father Joseph Klee’s meditations on Mary, Our Lady of Peace. The evening will end by crowning our beautiful Mother. Please join us with your family and friends and pray for Peace in our World!
Join the Franciscan Friars at the Shrine of Our Lady of Consolation in Carey, Ohio for a special Hope and Healing Mass on Friday, October 24 at 7 pm. This Mass is for those afflicted with cancer, survivors and their loved ones. All are welcome to come and pray on their journey to faith, hope and healing.
PLEASE KEEP THESE PARISHIONERS IN YOUR PRAYERS: Jack Beckman, Jennifer Bogdziewicz, Charles & Nancy Brant, Ana Buk, JoAnn Buttler, Christopher Clark, Jodi Elgin, Ann Marie Elkins, Max Flores, Don Fortner, Mary Gall, Robert Hackett, Ruth Harper, Bernie Hause, Pam Jurgens, Susan Luck, Fr. Mike Lumpe, Richard Masek, Ellen McMillen, Mary McNellis, Maria Paras, Linda Pauley, Marilyn Scott, David Simmons, Patty Stover, Sandra Valencia, Elizabeth Wanamaker, and Bill & Dora Zweydorff.
ETERNAL REST GRANT UNTO THEM, O LORD: Please remember in your prayers the repose of the soul of Katherine Marie Dixon and Deacon Frank Ball, who died, and please keep in your prayers their family members and friends during this time of grief and separation.
SACRAMENT OF MATRIMONY: Father Lumpe and the Cathedral Community wish to congratulate Valerie O’Brien & Joseph Antognini, and Shauna Simpson & James Portner on their Saturday, October 4 marriages. Blessings to the happy couples!
DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE CATHEDRAL AND HOLY CROSS ALMS FOR THE POOR BOXES? At the Cathedral it is located in the wall inside the Cathedral near the Broad Street entrance; at Holy Cross it is located in the rear of the Church by the Fifth Street entrance. These boxes and the funds you provide are important:
- At the Cathedral these Alms for the Poor go to pay for the food that is distributed daily at the Cathedral to the poor and needy – up to 150 food bags (usually containing a sandwich, fruit, chips or cookie, bottled water), and on many winter days hot coffee and hot cocoa. Help us provide this most basic necessity – food – to those in need by donating to our poor box.
- At Holy Cross these Alms for the Poor go to help needy persons with bus passes, in addition to helping the poor and needy with particular needs.
THANK YOU for helping us help those in need!
CATHEDRAL CONCERT SERIES: Please mark your calendars for these upcoming Cathedral Concerts:
- Joseph Adam ~ Sunday, October 19 at 3:00 p.m.
- Nathan Laube ~ Sunday, November 16 at 3:00 p.m.
- Lessons and Carols ~ Sunday, December 14 at 3:00 p.m.
- Music for Brass and Organ ~ Sunday, January 25 at 3:00 p.m.
- Renaissance Music in Lent ~ Sunday, March 8 at 3:00 p.m.
- Office of Tenebrae ~ Good Friday, April 3 at 8:00 p.m.
- “Ohio Mourns: The Music of Abraham Lincoln’s 1865 Columbus Funeral Observances” ~ Sunday, April 26 at 3:00 p.m.
LOW-GLUTEN* HOSTS are available at the 10:30 AM and 5:15 PM Sunday Masses. Worshippers can receive low-gluten Holy Communion from the center aisle from the Master of Ceremonies (please identify yourself) to the Celebrant. * contains less than 0.01% gluten content & meets the standard set by the Holy See & U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
TOURS OF SAINT JOSEPH CATHEDRAL: Tours of the majestic Cathedral’s interior, undercroft and crypt are available on weekdays and on Sundays by appointment. Learn more about its history and treasures! Please contact Michael Elton at (614) 405-7770 or e-mail him at email@example.com to schedule an individual or group tour.
THE COLUMBUS LEAGUE OF SAINT DYMPHNA: Saint Dymphna is the Roman Catholic patron saint for Mental and Nervous Disorders, including depression. The only shrine in North America is located in Massillon, Ohio. A devotional prayer group will meet immediately after the 12:30 p.m. Mass on the second Sunday of each month at Saint Joseph Cathedral. For more information about this Columbus League of St. Dymphna, contact Josephine at (614) 209-3337.